Truro Farmers Market Vendor Application
For Interested Vendors…
Thank you for your interest in selling at the Truro Educational Farmers’ Market. If you would like to sell your Cape Cod harvest at the Market, please read the literature below and fill out the relevant forms. Our fairly firm rule is that your food – only food – must be grown, made or caught in Barnstable County. Thanks again and have a great day!
1. Read the 2020 TFM Handbook
3. Complete the 2020 Vendor Application (include applicable vendor fee). Please fill out TWO PAGES of Registration plus the 1 page attached safety form. We change our Ed Boards each year and need your wise thoughts on your local food work.
4. Complete the Token Program Agreement Form so you can accept tokens. Vendors who sell food to be prepared or consumed at home are eligible for this program. Vendors who sell food only to be consumed at the market are not eligible (per USDA rules).
5. Complete the following Truro Board of Health form that applies to you:
a. If you are a vendor of raw, unprocessed foods (if you do not see your food category listed on the Whole Product form please check the Board of Health form in option b.):
• Submit the Board of Health’s Farmers’ Market Whole Product Registration Form (Note: no fee charged by the Town of Truro)
b. If you are a vendor of processed foods (from certified kitchens and/or restaurants) or other foods (i.e. sprouts, fish, vinegar, etc):
• Submit the Board of Health’s Farmers’ Market/Ag Fair Temporary Food Service Permit (Note: include a $10 fee payable to the Town of Truro. New vendors must appear before the Truro Board of Health – repeat vendors do not. Repeat vendors: please note foods not previously approved on your application as they MUST be approved by Health Agent to sell at the market)
6. Double-Check: You are mailing the 3-page application (and include the Token Form if applicable) PLUS one or two Board of Health forms depending upon what kinds of foods you wish to sell. Don’t forget the check/s!
7. Mail ALL forms & payment/s TO OUR ADDRESS below. DO NOT send materials directly to the Board of Health. If the Board of Health receives the information without our stamped approval, IT WILL NOT BE PROCESSED. Thank you!
Truro Farmers’ Market Manager
PO Box 988
Truro, MA 02666
For further questions please use our contact page and put “Truro Farmers’ Market Question” in the subject line.
Note: Our forms are updated online every year in March.